Bahamas:Permanent Residency (Investment Visa)
Financially independent people and investors can move to the Bahamas permanently by buying a home there, with a path to citizenship.
- Bring family
- Path to citizenship
- Permanent residency with indefinite validity
- Tropical weather
- Beautiful beaches
- Convenient travel and time zone to U.S.A.
Making a major investment in the Bahamas, such as a large real estate purchase, allows you to apply for immediate permanent residence.
Pink sand beaches, crystal clear water, succulent conch and local food festivals, and even the exuberant swimming pigs in Exuma captivate visitors to the Bahamas. This tropical paradise is a convenient time zone for American remote workers and offers direct flights to the U.S.A. and U.K.
Fixed broadband: 58.38 Mbps download/24.09 Mbps upload
Mobile: 33.27 Mbps download/11.07 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 9 globally
Applicant should be financially independent or own a home in the Bahamas
Investing $750,000+ million in real estate gets expedited consideration.
- $200 application fee and $15,000 fee upon acceptance
- Additional fees for spouse and dependents
Apply in the Bahamas at the Department of Immigration.
- Completed and notarized immigration form with a $10 Bahamian postage stamp
- Passport and copy of the bio-data page
- 2 identical color passport photos (applicant’s name printed on the back)
- Police clearance for every country where applicant has lived in the past 5 years (completed in the past 6 months)
- Original fingerprint card
- Original birth certificate
- Original medical certificate (completed in the past 30 days)
- 2 character references written by Bahamian citizens who have known the applicant for at least 5 years
- Parents’ birth certificate
- Parents’ marriage certificate
- Depending on circumstances, a marriage certificate, spouse’s death certificate, or divorce decree
- Detailed financial statements and record of applicant’s net worth
- Record of property purchased in the Bahamas, if required
Documents should be submitted in English or with a certified translation affixed with a $10 Bahamian postage stamp.
Other documents may be required.