Barbados: Category 1 Special Entry and Reside Permit (SERP)
Property investors in Barbados can move there with a Category 2 Special Entry and Reside Permit (SERP).
- Bring family
- Renewable after 5 years
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Foreign currency tax credit
- Convenient time zone for US
- Beautiful Caribbean destination
The Category 2 Special Entry and Reside Permit (SERP) welcomes real estate investors and their families to Barbados for 5 years.
SERP holders must declare tax residency in Barbados. The foreign currency tax credit (FCTC) could mean that SERP holders are paying a very low effective tax rate, depending on their personal situation.
Barbados offers year-round sunshine, pristine beaches, unique Bajan culture renowned for its hospitality, and historic architecture.
Learn more about life in Barbados with the official Barbados Travel Guide Podcast.
Fixed broadband: 105.71 Mbps download/60.33 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 13 globally
$300,000+ invested in real estate
Ability to financially support self and family
- $150 application fee per person, including spouse and dependents.
- $5,000 per adult is due upon issuance and renewal.
Inquire about applying at your local Barbados embassy or consulate.
- Completed application form
- Cover letter
- Passport and certified copy of information page
- Passport photo (2 in x 2 in [51 mm x 51 mm], with the head measuring between 1 in - 1 3/8 in [25 mm - 35 mm])
- Proof of relationship between applicant and family members (such as marriage or birth certificates)
- Evidence of health insurance of $500,000+
- Police clearance for home country and every country applicant has lived for more than 6 months after the age of 16
- Original and copy of birth certificate
All documents must be in English or translated to English. Other documents may be required.