Cayman Islands: Certificate of Direct Investment (Investment Visa)
With a Certificate of Direct Investment, business investors and their family can move to the Cayman Islands by making a major investment in a business that they run.
- 0% tax
- Bring family
- 90 days annual residency required
- Renewable after 25 years
- Includes right to work in business
- Tropical beaches
The Cayman Islands are a Caribbean paradise known for pristine natural beauty, gourmet cuisine, and culture of “Caymankindness,” just a short flight from the USA.
Long a haven of affluent travelers, the Cayman Islands offer developed infrastructure, international-standard schools, high-quality medical care, and a keen local pride in hospitality and friendliness.
Broadband internet, wireless, fixed line, and fiber optic connections are available, ranging from 512 Kbps to 300 Mbps.
Cost of living
Generally higher than countries including U.S.A., Canada, U.K., and E.U. members
$1.2 million invested in a business that creates .
Applicant must manage the business and have the professional background to run it successfully.
- $1,200 application fee
- $24,000 due upon acceptance
- $1,200 per dependent, due upon acceptance and paid again annually
Fill out the application form, pay the fees, and gather your documents.
Submit them by mail to: The Director, Workforce Opportunities & Residency Cayman, P.O. Box 1098, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands
- Application form, with all documents, in correct order.
- Cover letter addressed to the Chief Immigration Officer explaining why you are applying and any other relevant information
- Evidence of fee payment
- Notarized or certified copy of passport photo page
- Police clearance certificate from your home country or the last place you lived, signed and stamped, issued in last 6 months—complete a clearance for every applicant over 18 years old
- Passport photos of all applicants, with name and date of birth on back, in color on white background, taken in past year (between 45mm by 35mm and 63mm by 50mm in size, at least 800 dots per square inch)
- Medical questionnaire and lab reports for all applicants over 18 years old, completed in past 6 months
- Evidence of financial standing, including financial statement prepared by accounting company or bank, bank reference letters of bank balances (in Cayman Islands or abroad), and proof of annual income
- List of all employees, including name, nationality, and date of birth
- Current registry list of directors
- Current trade and business license
- Three written character references from people who are not relatives (and who you have known for at least three years), submitted in a signed and sealed envelope
- Proof of health insurance for all applicants
- Proof of enrollment in private school or university for any children
- Proof of family relationships including notarized marriage certificate and birth certificates
Other documents may be required. All documents must be submitted in English, or with a certified translation.