Cayman Islands - Certificate of Permanent Residence (Investment Visa)
The Certificate of Permanent Residence for Persons of Independent Means allows real estate investors and their family members to become permanent residents of the Cayman Islands, with a limited right to work and a path to citizenship.
- Bring family
- 0% tax
- Permanent validity
- Limited right to work
- Path to citizenship
- Tropical beaches
The Cayman Islands are a Caribbean paradise known for pristine natural beauty, gourmet cuisine, and culture of “Caymankindness,” just a short flight from the USA.
Long a haven of affluent travelers, the Cayman Islands offer developed infrastructure, international-standard schools, high-quality medical care, and a keen local pride in hospitality and friendliness.
A variation of Certificate of Permanent Residence can allow applicant to work in specified fields or occupations.
Broadband internet, wireless, fixed line, and fiber optic connections are available, ranging from 512 Kbps to 300 Mbps.
Cost of living
Generally higher than countries including U.S.A., Canada, U.K., and E.U. members
$2.4+ million invested in real estate
- $600 application fee
- $120,000 due upon acceptance
- $1,200 per dependent, due upon acceptance and paid again annually
Fill out the application form, pay the fees, and gather your documents.
Submit them by mail to: The Director, Workforce Opportunities & Residency Cayman, P.O. Box 1098, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102, Cayman Islands
- Application form, with all documents, in correct order.
- Cover letter addressed to the Chief Immigration Officer explaining why you are applying and any other relevant information
- Evidence of fee payment
- Notarized or certified copy of passport photo page
- Police clearance certificate from your home country or the last place you lived, signed and stamped, issued in last 6 months—complete a clearance for every applicant over 18 years old
- Passport photos of all applicants, with name and date of birth on back, in color on white background, taken in past year (between 45mm by 35mm and 63mm by 50mm in size, at least 800 dots per square inch)
- Medical questionnaire and lab reports for all applicants over 18 years old, completed in past 6 months
- Evidence of financial standing, including financial statement prepared by accounting company or bank, bank reference letters of bank balances (in Cayman Islands or abroad), and proof of annual income
- Evidence of real estate investment, including notarized copies of Land Transfer Certificates and extracts from the Land Register
- Three written character references from people who are not relatives (and who you have known for at least three years), submitted in a signed and sealed envelope
- Proof of health insurance for all applicants
- Proof of enrollment in private school or university for any children
- Proof of family relationships including notarized marriage certificate and birth certificates
Other documents may be required. All documents must be submitted in English, or with a certified translation.