Cayman Islands: Global Citizen Certificate (Digital Nomad Visa)
The Cayman Islands Global Citizen Certificate Program allows high-earning remote workers and business owners to spend up to two years living in the Cayman Islands.
- Bring extended family
- 0% tax
- Easy application
- Renewable up to 2 years
- Concierge services
- Tropical beaches
The Cayman Islands are a Caribbean paradise known for pristine natural beauty, gourmet cuisine, and culture of “Caymankindness,” just a short flight from the USA.
Long a haven of affluent travelers, the Cayman Islands offer developed infrastructure, international-standard schools, high-quality medical care, and a keen local pride in hospitality and friendliness.
Broadband internet, wireless, fixed line, and fiber optic connections are available, ranging from 512 Kbps to 300 Mbps.
Cost of living
Generally higher than countries including U.S.A., Canada, U.K., and E.U. members
- $100,000 per year income
- $150,000 per year for a married couple
- $180,000 per year for a married couple with dependents (or a single applicant and a dependent)
- Only business owners and salaried employees qualify for this visa. Self-employed people and freelancers won’t be considered
- $1,469 for applicant and 1 other person, per year
- $500 per additional dependent, per year.
- 7% credit card fee
- Fill out the online application and submit your documents
- It processes in 3-4 weeks
- After you receive authorization to fly, book your travel and accommodation
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll also need to apply to travel through Travel Cayman
- Letter proving employment and income, including position title, time employed, and annual salary, written on company letterhead
- Proof of the legal existence of employer or company, such as company registration, certificate of incorporation or certificate of good standing, as well as company website and social media profiles
- A notarized bank reference including length of time at bank and average balance of accounts
- The past 6 months of bank statements
- Police clearance issued in the past 6 months, including fingerprint verification, for all applicants over 18 years old
- Proof of health insurance for first 30 days in Cayman Islands (it is mandatory to obtain local health coverage in the Cayman Islands)
- Proof of relationship to family members, such as marriage certificate and birth certificates
Other documents may be required.