Costa Rica – Estancia Visa (Digital Nomad Visa)
Remote workers and freelancers can spend up to two years in Costa Rica with a new Digital Nomad Visa, which is proposed as changes to the Estancia Visa category.
- Renewable up to 2 years
- 0% tax
- Bring family
- Moderate income requirement
- Convenient travel and time zone for workers from USA
- Local driving license
Costa Rica is currently expanding their Estancia Visa to suit remote workers and freelancers. Check back for the latest news as it is updated!
Costa Rica attracts travelers with its two sunny coastlines, rugged mountains, and optimistic, laid-back “pura vida” (pure life) attitude. Its low cost of living, developed infrastructure, and strong health care system have long made it a retirement destination, and today remote workers are also seeing the advantages to living in this welcoming country.
Fixed broadband: 47.93 Mbps download/12.23 Mbps upload
Mobile: 31.42 Mbps download/9.73 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 59 globally
$3,000 per month income ($4,000 for a family)
- The fees for the Estancia Visa start at $52. The fees for the new digital nomad visa may be similar.
This application is expected to be online. As more information is released, this page will be updated.
Documents required can include:
- Valid passport
- Proof of income (can be a fixed monthly income or annual income of $36,000)
- Proof of travel and medical insurance
- Proof of payment for visa fee
Other documents may be required.
- This page will be updated as the new law is announced! Check back for more information.