Ecuador: Investment Visa
Ecuador's Investment Visa is one of the world’s most affordable, beginning at $40,000.
- Bring family
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Renewable after 2 years
- No physical residency requirements
- Tropical weather
- Low cost of living
Ecuador’s Investment Visa is one of the world’s most accessible. One of the simplest options is simply to deposit $40,000 in a CD in an Ecuadorian bank. You earn interest while you hold the deposit, as much as 8.5% for a CD.
With year-round tropical weather, beautiful nature from the coast to the rainforest and mountains, well-developed infrastructure, UNESCO recognized historical sites, and a low cost of living, Ecuador is an ideal long-term home. Its location also makes it a perfect base to explore Central and South America.
Direct flights connect Ecuador to North America and Europe, and Ecuador is in a convenient time zone for communication with the U.S.A.
Fixed broadband: 32.33 Mbps download/27.97 Mbps upload
Mobile: 25.98 Mbps download/10.79 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 89 globally
$40,000 invested in Ecuadorian COOP Certificate of Deposit (CD) for 2+ years
$40,000 invested in real estate
Other investment paths exist.
- $450 ($50 to apply and $400 upon issuance)
Apply at your local Ecuadorean embassy or consulate. You can also apply from inside Ecuador.
You may be able to make an online appointment.
This visa takes 3+ months to process.
- Filled out and notarized application form, completed in Spanish
- Passport photos
- Police check (less than 6 months old), from every country in which you lived in the past 5 years
- Proof of relationship to dependents, such as marriage and birth certificates, apostilled in the past 6 months
- Funds invested in Ecuador prior to applying
Many documents should be apostilled or legalized in the 6 months before you apply. It is much easier to gather these documents in your home country than after you arrive in Ecuador.