Estonia: Residence Permit for Investors (Major Investors) (Investment Visa)
Major investors in the Estonian economy can move to Estonia with their families with the Residence Permit for Investors.
- Bring family
- Valid for 5 years
- Path to Permanent Residence
- E.U. member
- No physical residence required
A major investment ($1.2+ million) lets you and your family move to Estonia for 5 years. This visa offers a path to permanent residence and citizenship.
Explore Estonia’s unique Baltic culture, gourmet food scene, and expansive forests untouched by mass tourism, as well as Tallinn’s well-preserved medieval architecture.
Estonia is sometimes called the most online society due to its broad acceptance of digital technology in day-to-day life, such as its burgeoning tech scene, widespread Wi-Fi, extensive online portals for business and government services, and eResidency for digital identities and business.
Fixed broadband: 78.58 Mbps download/59.60 Mbps upload
Mobile: 57.82 Mbps download/13.79 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 41 globally
- Invest $1.2+ million in an Estonian business or approved fund (held throughout residence)
- $3,810 income per year required (per person)
Apply in person with all documentation at an Estonian embassy or consulate.
You can also apply within Estonia from the office of the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board. (Make a reservation.)
This application takes 2 months to process.
Documents Required Can Include:
- Valid passport
- Completed and signed application form
- 40 x 50 mm passport photo
- Proof of travel and medical insurance
- Proof of payment for visa fee
- Documents proving family relationships (like marriage certificate or birth certificates)
- Proof of finances and lawful origin of funds
- Documents proving your investment
Other documents may be required. Documents may need to be apostilled and translated into Estonian, English, or Russian.