Finland: Entrepreneur Permit (Remote Work Visa)
Self-employed people with approved businesses can move to Finland with an Entrepreneur Residence Permit.
- Self-employed people and freelancers qualify
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Renewable after 1 year
- High standard of living
- Beautiful nature
- E.U. member
Often appearing in lists of the world’s best places to live, Finland has a highly developed, egalitarian society with an extensive social safety net. With one of the world’s top educational systems, Finland is ideal for those who hope to raise a family in a safe, stable country.
Finns value sustainability and enjoy their nation’s unspoiled forests and wilderness. In this Nordic country, the winters are long, cold, and dark, but Finland could be a perfect choice for those who love cross country skiing, winter sports, or just curling up with a good book.
Fixed broadband: 128.04 Mbps download/49.68 Mbps upload
Mobile: 76.78 Mbps download/15.48 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 19 globally
Business must meet government requirements for structure, profitability, business plan, and other factors.
Sole proprietors, partners, general partners, co-op members, and entrepreneurs in LLCs can qualify, as can “light entrepreneurs” who sell products or services through online platforms.
Applicant must obtain their main income from the business, as assessed by a Centre for Economic Development, Transport, and the Environment (ELY Centre).
Business must be registered with the Finnish Patent and Registration Office’s Trade Register.
Remote workers employed by a business outside of Finland do not qualify.
- $582+ (fees vary)
Submit your documents and apply online.
Next, select your service point. If you are outside of Finland, contact your local embassy or consulate for an appointment. If you are within Finland, you will make an appointment at a Migri service point.
Pay your application fee online or at your Migri service point appointment.
Visit your service point to prove your identity, submit your passport and original documents, and give your fingerprints. Bring your passport photo with you.
You may be asked for an interview while your application is being considered.
An Entrepreneur Residence Permit takes around 9 months to process.
Documents required can include:
- Application form
- Passport photo
- Description of the business
- Trade register extract or explanation of why business has not been entered in the Trade Register
- Documents concerning entrepreneurship (such as incorporation information and shareholders’ register)
- Financial statements and accounts of the business (if already operational)
- Profitability predictions for next two years and agreements with stakeholders and clients (if business is not operational yet)
- Information on employees
- Professional certificates and qualifications
- Proof of personal income and funds for financial support
Other documents may be required. Documents that are not in English, Finnish, or Swedish must be translated by an authorized translator.