Latvia: Residency by Investment
Investors can move to Latvia after investing in business, real estate, or securities, with a path to permanent residence.
- Bring family
- No physical residency required
- E.U.’s cheapest real estate residency by investment
- Renewable after 5 years
- Tech savvy society
- Beautiful nature
Latvia’s Residency by Investment program is the cheapest real estate investment residency scheme in the E.U., requiring just $298,000.
Latvia is a highly digital, forward-looking society with a trilingual, educated workforce, at the heart of the Baltic states and well-connected to the E.U. and North America. Latvia’s business-friendly environment also offers lenient taxes.
Latvia has four beautiful seasons and abundant access to nature (87% of the country is either forest or seashore). Its capital city, Riga, has full wi-fi connectivity, a vibrant café and nightlife scene, and renowned museums, at a lower cost of living than many European capitals.
Fixed broadband: 128.35 Mbps download/127.54 Mbps upload
Mobile: 42.04 Mbps download/10.86 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 58 globally
Investment options include:
- $298,000 in real estate (plus a 5% government fee)
- $60,000 in a major Latvian company (plus $12,000 government fee)
- $333,000 deposited in in a Latvian bank for 5 years (plus $30,000 government fee)
- $298,000 in interest-free bonds (plus a $45,000 government fee)
No physical residency is required.
Must have financial ability to support family.
- Fees vary depending on investment path.
Apply at your local Latvian embassy or online.
This visa takes 3 months to process.
Obtaining an investment visa can be a complex process, and you may choose to engage an experienced lawyer.
Documents required vary depending on your nationality, investment path, and personal situation.
Documents for real estate investment can include:
- Completed application form or online application
- 1 passport photo (30 mm x 40 mm, on white background)
- Document confirming financial means of subsistence
- Document confirming real estate payment by non-cash settlement
- Document confirming no real estate tax debt
- Official real estate appraisal
- Proof of payment of state fee
- Evidence of relationship to dependents, such as marriage and birth certificates
- Certificate of clean criminal record (citizens of these countries are exempt from this requirement)
After your application is accepted, provide:
- Proof of health insurance
- Medical certificate confirming you do not have tuberculosis
- Accommodation details in Latvia