Malaysia: My Second Home (MM2H) (Remote Work Visa)
The Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) visa lets remote workers and their family move to Malaysia.
- Bring family
- 0% offshore tax
- Renewable after 10 years
- Sunny weather
- Beautiful beaches
- Low cost of living
Remote workers, freelancers, and self-employed people can move to Malaysia with their family for 10 years through the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) program. This program is not a path to Permanent Residence in Malaysia.
Malaysia’s tourism slogan “Truly Asia” captures its unique appeal. Malaysia’s society combines elements of Malay, Chinese, Indian, Indonesian, and Southeast Asian cultures, creating a multiethnic country with incredibly varied languages, traditions, and foods.
Kuala Lumpur is a futuristic city with well-developed infrastructure and a high standard of living. Penang and Malacca let you explore Malaysia’s fascinating history, Cameroon Highlands offers hiking and working tea plantations in its cool, lush mountains, and Langkawi and the Perhentian Islands are unrivaled beach destinations.
Fixed broadband: 100.94 Mbps download/53.41 Mbps upload
Mobile: 28.02 Mbps download/10.70 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 95 globally
If applicant is under 50 years old:
- $2,440 per month required income
- $122,026 bank balance
- $73,216 deposited in Malaysia upon acceptance
- $36,608 deposit kept in Malaysia after 2nd year
If applicant is over 50 years old:
- $2,440 per month required income
- $85,418 bank balance
- $37,608 deposited in Malaysia upon acceptance
- $24,405 deposit kept in Malaysia after the 2nd year
Rental and dividend income can contribute to monthly income in some cases.
Spouse’s income can contribute, but applicant’s income must exceed spouse’s income by a ratio of 7:3.
- Fees vary
You can apply directly or through a licensed agent.
To apply directly:
Fill out the forms through the online portal and collect your documents. Use the direct application checklist to verify your application is complete.
Submit your documents and application in person or by courier to the MM2H Centre.
The MM2H Centre will contact you if your documents are incomplete or they need more information. If more information is requested, you must submit it within 14 days.
Your completed application will be processed within 120 working days. You will receive an email if you are accepted.
Travel to Malaysia to pick up your Conditional Approval Letter at the MM2H Immigration Unit. You then have 6 months to complete the other conditions.
After all conditions are complete, submit your documents and pay the fees to the MM2H Immigration Unit. They will issue you a MM2H Social Visit Pass (Multiple Entry Visa).
To apply through an agent:
Your agent will help you gather the forms and documents you need. They will submit them on your behalf and correspond with the MM2H Centre.
This visa will be processed within 120 working days.
Your agent will tell you when they receive your Conditional Approval Letter.
Travel to Malaysia and complete the other conditions within 6 months.
Your agent will assist you in submitting your documents and getting a MM2H Social Visit Pass (Multiple Entry Visa).
- Application cover letter (including your background, reason for coming to Malaysia, and your financial means)
- Resumes for applicant and spouse (including academic background, professional experience, and skills)
- Application form signed by applicant, all dependents, and witness
- Forms for Social Visit Pass, originals and photocopies
- 4 color passport photos on a blue background (35 mm x 50 mm)
- 3 copies of passport, valid 1 year (1 certified copy of detail page and all pages with entry/exit stamps and 2 photocopies of details page)
- Letter of Good Conduct (LOGC)/police clearance from country of origin or country where applicant lives, or from the embassy of applicant’s country of origin in Malaysia (only required for main applicant)
- Health declaration form for applicant and all dependents
- Proof of family relationships, such as marriage and birth certificates, certified copies
- Statutory declaration that applicant will pay expenses of all dependents
- Letter verifying primary income (employment or pension), original or certified copies
- Most recent 3 months of pay slips or pension payments
- Most recent 3 months of bank statements showing income of at least $2,440
- Most recent 3 months of bank statements showing minimum required net worth (some liquid net worth in savings and fixed deposit accounts is required, but the value of shares, investments, or insurance can also be considered to equal the total required amount)
- Proof of rental or dividend income, in original or certified copy
- Financial verification forms
Other documents may be requested.
Documents should be submitted in English or translated by authorized translators. Certify documents according to instructions from MM2H program.