Malta: Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment (MEIN) (Citizenship by Investment)
The Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment (MEIN) program allows major investors and their families to gain citizenship after living in Malta, (an E.U. member state with visa-free access to 184 countries), for at least 1 year.
- E.U. citizenship
- Bring family
- Passport power: #8 on HPI
- Beautiful Mediterranean beaches
- Sunny weather
Malta’s capital, Valletta, is among the sunniest cities in Europe, with close to 3,000 hours of sunshine per year. But Malta is more than just sunshine and beaches, as it is home to some of Europe’s oldest and most fascinating history.
The walled city of Mdina, Malta’s former capital, has been inhabited for 4,000 years. Called the “Silent City” because it is closed to cars, Mdina charms visitors with unique shops and unassuming cafes tucked into its mazelike sandstone alleys.
Fixed broadband: 140.01 Mbps download/20.28 Mbps upload
Mobile: 52.78 Mbps download/13.91 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 25 globally
There are two investment paths:
- $729,000+ invested and applicant must live in Malta for 36 months
- $890,000+ invested and applicant must live in Malta for 12 months
$831,000 in property purchased or $19,000 per year in property lease for a personal home in Malta (in addition to the exceptional investment)
$12,000 charitable contribution is also required.
Additional investment required for dependents.
- $24,000+ in government and due diligence fees for a single applicant
- Additional fees for dependents
- Agency application fees vary
Apply through an agency or inquire at your local Maltese embassy.
- Completed forms
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Proof of investment and investment plan
- Proof of financial means
- Proof of property purchase or rental
- Proof of relationship to dependents, such as marriage or birth certificates
Other documents may be requested.