Mauritius: Premium Visa (Digital Nomad Visa)
The Premium visa lets remote workers, self-employed people, and retirees visit Mauritius for up to a year.
- Easy online application
- Approved in 2 days
- Relatively low income required
- Bring family
- Tax advantages
- Beautiful beaches
The tropical island nation of Mauritius is well-known for its striking multicolored sand dunes, beautiful nature, and outdoor activities like scuba and golf. Located off the coast of Africa and Madagascar, Mauritius has a diverse and welcoming culture combining African, Asian, Indian, and French elements.
The Premium Visa is a straightforward, accessible way for remote workers and self-employed people to explore Mauritius with their family.
Fixed broadband: 20.32 Mbps download/10.89 Mbps upload
Mobile: 25.14 Mbps download/11.09 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 52 globally
$18,000 per year income ($48,000 per year for a family of 4) or a bank statement showing this bank balance for the year.
- Visa application is free.
You should receive approval in about 2 days.
People of some countries can also enter Mauritius visa free or on a tourist visa and apply for a Premium Visa from within the country.
Check if your country has visa-free entry to Mauritius here.
- A valid passport
- Return plane ticket
- 1 passport photo
- Details of accommodation (pre-booked accommodation is mandatory)
- Travel and health insurance
- Proof of relationship to dependents, such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, and parental consent (if child is travelling with 1 parent)
- Proof of funds, such as an employment contract indicating salary or a bank statement/attestation
Documents must be in English or French. If they are in another language, they should be submitted with a certified translation. Other documents may be required.