Mauritius: Occupation Permit (Remote Work Visa)
An Occupation Permit allows self-employed people and freelancers to move to Mauritius.
- Bring family
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Valid up to 10 years
- Flexible income requirements
- Online application
- Tropical beaches
The tropical island nation of Mauritius is well-known for its striking multicolored sand dunes, beautiful nature, and outdoor activities like scuba and golf. Located off the coast of Africa and Madagascar, Mauritius has a diverse and welcoming culture combining African, Asian, Indian, and French elements.
This visa suits self-employed people and freelancers, not remote workers employed by companies outside of Mauritius.
Fixed broadband: 20.32 Mbps download/10.89 Mbps upload
Mobile: 25.14 Mbps download/11.09 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 52 globally
$35,000 deposited into a bank in Mauritius upon application.
To keep the Occupation Permit, the business must earn $20,214 annually by the 3rd year.
- $505 for application fee
- $126 per dependent
People from some countries can also enter Mauritius visa free or on a tourist visa and apply for an Occupation Permit from within the country.
- Visa and entry pages to Mauritius (if applying from within Mauritius)
- Birth certificate
- Business plan
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical certificate (less than six months old)
- 1 passport photo 35 mm x 45 mm
- Academic and professional qualifications (original or certified copies)
- 2+ contracts and letters of intent from potential clients
- Business registration card (if required)
- Cancellation and no objection letter (if required)
- Record of investment (transfer of funds from abroad) (if required)
- Marriage certificate and/or divorce certificate (if required)
- Copy of current occupation permit, work, or residence permit (if required)
- Professional license (if required)
Documents must be in English or French. If they are in another language, they should be submitted with a certified translation. Other documents may be required.