Mexico: Temporary Residence (Investors)
A Temporary Residence Visa allows investors to move to Mexico for up to 4 years.
Benefits (6 bullets)
- Stay for up to 4 years
- Unlimited entry and exit
- Relatively low investment
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Low cost of living and good quality of life
- Sunny weather
Mexico is renowned for its welcoming culture, amazing music, delicious regional food, and sunny weather. It also offers a low cost of living and easy access to the USA, South America, and Europe, making it a great place to start a business.
Fixed broadband: 48.35 Mbps download/19.52 Mbps upload
Mobile: 35.44 Mbps download/13.89 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 104 globally
Investment paths include:
- $158,000 in real estate
- $79,000 invested in stock, capital, or a business that employs 3 workers
- $44+ for visa fee
- $218 for Temporary Residence Card
Apply with your documents at a Mexican embassy or consulate abroad (schedule an appointment). You may be asked to complete an interview in English or Spanish and you will pay $44+ for the visa.
Your visa should be processed within a few days.
When you enter Mexico, you have 30 days to process a Temporary Residence Card. First, fill out the request form.
Complete the Formato Basico and the FMM form you received upon entry to Mexico.
Bring your documents, a letter of request, your passport, and the $218 fee with you to your appointment. Your first residence card will be issued for 1 year, but it can be extended up to 4 years.
- Passport valid at least 6 months, with copies of the information page and any previous visa to Mexico
- Completed and signed application form
- 45 x 35 mm passport photo
- Proof of your address/residence
Proof of finances and your ability to make the investment, which could include:
- Deed to your property
- Notarized documentation of your investment in a Mexican company
- Business plan, contracts with clients and suppliers, invoices, receipts, proof of incorporation or licenses, other proof of business operations, and proof of employees
Other documents may be required.