Montserrat: Remote Work Stamp (Digital Nomad Visa)
High-earning remote workers, self-employed people, and freelancers can spend up to one year in Montserrat.
- Fast online application
- Low-cost Caribbean program
- 0% tax
- Beautiful natural forests
- Sunny weather
- Can enroll kids in school
Montserrat welcomes remote workers and self-employed people with one of the Caribbean’s more accessible digital nomad visas.
The beautiful volcanic island of Montserrat has some of the Caribbean’s most unspoiled natural beauty and is an excellent destination for hiking and diving among healthy coral reefs. You can also explore Montserrat’s black sand beaches, some of which were newly created by volcanic activity. Both the names of people and places (like Cork Hill) reflect Montserrat’s historic connection to Ireland, and Saint Patrick’s Day is celebrated as a weeklong holiday.
Instead of major resorts, Montserrat offers small guesthouses and villas. Montserrat’s inhabitants are also known for hospitality and friendliness, which stand out even in the Caribbean.
ISPs in Montserrat offer speeds of 5-25 Mbps.
Cost of living
The cost of living in Montserrat is slightly lower than that of North America or Northern Europe. Montserrat is a moderately-priced Caribbean destination—it is less expensive than the Cayman Islands, and more expensive than Dominica.
$70,000 per year income
Self-employed applicants need proof of business incorporation.
- $500 per applicant
- $750 for a family of 5 (plus $250 for any additional dependent)
This visa takes 7 working days to process. Track your application from the site.
If your nationality does not have visa-free entry to Montserrat, you should apply for a visa online. Obtain your visa before applying for the Remote Work Stamp.
- Copy of passport data page for all applicants
- Passport photos for all applicants
- Proof of Employment or Business Incorporation Certificate (if self-employed)
- Proof of annual income
- Clear police check
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of family relationships, such as marriage and birth certificates
- School enrollment letter for dependents in online school
Other documents may be requested.