New Zealand: Entrepreneur Work Visa (Startup Visa)
The Entrepreneur Work Visa allows startup founders and their family to move to New Zealand.
- Bring family
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Valid up to 3 years
- Suits a variety of business types
- Beautiful nature
- Investment requirement can be waived
Entrepreneurs in many fields are eligible for an Entrepreneur Work Visa, which requires an approved business plan and an investment of $71,817. Some innovative businesses can have their investment requirement waived.
This visa grants 12 months to move to New Zealand, start your business, and invest your capital (if required). If you meet the requirements after 12 months, you can renew for 2 more years. After this, you may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence.
One of the world’s most remote nations, New Zealand constantly appears on lists of the happiest places on earth. Move to New Zealand to explore its dramatic natural beauty (showcased in The Lord of the Rings films), appreciate its unique multicultural character, and raise your family in its progressive, egalitarian society.
Fixed broadband: 166.95 Mbps download/103.43 Mbps upload
Mobile: 83.47 Mbps download/16.52 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 20 globally
$71,817 bank balance to invest in the business
Investment can be waived based on innovation, economic viability, or other criteria.
Business and applicant must be approved by points system based on factors like age, business
- Application fees are generally around $2,000, but the price varies depending on your nationality.
- People of some nationalities pay much less, or nothing at all.
Apply online. This visa takes 8+ months to process.
- Two photos (if applying online, must be JPEG files between 500 KB - 3 MB and sized between 900 x 1200 pixels and 2250 x 3000 pixels, preferably taken by a professional photographer)
- Detailed business plan
- Evidence of good health (chest x-ray and medical exam)
- Police clearance from your home country and any country where you have lived for 5 years, since you were 17 years old (completed in last 6 months)
- Evidence of English fluency, including your background, test results, or other proof
- Proof of family relationships, such as marriage or birth certificates
- Proof that family members included in application meet health, character, and identity requirements
- Proof of funds for investment in business
- Proof of funds to support yourself and family
- Certified copy of occupational registration in New Zealand (if required)
Other documents may be requested.
To renew your visa after the first year, you’ll need to prove that you have made adequate steps to start your business and make the capital investment.