Costa Rica Investment Visa
Costa Rica welcomes investors who can contribute to the economy in real estate, stocks, tourism, forestry, or other projects related to national interest.
- Renewable after 2 years
- 0% Tax
- Bring family
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Convenient travel and time zone for USA
- Remote work is permitted
The Inversionista Visa suits investors and their family members.
Costa Rica attracts travelers with its two sunny coastlines, rugged mountains, and optimistic, laid-back “pura vida” (pure life) attitude. Its low cost of living, developed infrastructure, and strong health care system have long made it a retirement destination. Costa Rica’s stable economy also attracts investors from around the world.
Fixed broadband: 47.93 Mbps download/12.23 Mbps upload Mobile: 31.42 Mbps download/9.73 Mbps upload Costa Rica Speedtest
COST OF LIVING
Investment options include:
- $200,000+ in an approved business investment
- $200,000+ in residential or commercial real estate
- $100,000+ in investment in forest management projects
- $100,000+ in a project that is vital to Costa Rica’s national interests
- $50,000+ in an approved export or tourism organization
All investments also require:
- $1,000 per month of passive income
- 6 months of annual residency in Costa Rica
Application fees start at $52, with several nominal fees. You will also need to pay $200 to change your visa type from within Costa Rica.
Apply in person and with all of your documents at an office for the Direccion General de Migracion y Extranjeria in Costa Rica.
In principle, this visa should process within 90 days, but it often takes much longer.
Many of these documents should be apostilled, notarized, or formalized, and gathering them can take several months. They may need to be translated into Spanish.
Documents required can include:
- Valid passport and copies of all pages
- 2 passport photos
- Filled out and signed application form
- A letter explaining why you are requesting Permanent Residence, including your name, nationality, occupation, age, address, and contact information (do not sign the letter, you will sign it in front of the immigration official)
- Clear criminal records check
- Proof of travel and medical insurance
- Fingerprints for all applicants over 12 years old
- Proof of consular registration
- Authenticated birth certificate
- Proof of payment for visa fee
- Supporting documents for all dependents (such as passports, birth certificates, and marriage certificates, legalized or apostilled)
Documents related to investment, such as:
- For productive projects or those related to national interests: detailed description of investment and the project, all permits, certification of insurance, company’s articles of incorporation, proof of financial investment from Authorized Public Accountant, and proof of tax registration
- For real estate and property: description of investments, certification of registry in Property Registry, proof of tax registration and payment
- For stocks and securities: detailed description of investment certified by Notary Public, articles of incorporation of the company, certification of applicant’s income and financial solvency from Authorized Public Accountant (apostilled if from abroad), recent certification of company legal status (within one month), proof of tax registration and payments
- For forest plantations: certificate of investment issued by Authorized Public Accountant (including total value of the investment according to the Forest Management Plan), copy of approval of Investment Management Plan, certified copy of the Forest Regent’s contract, all relevant permits
Other documents may be required.