Costa Rica Pensionado Visa
People of any age who have stable passive income can move to Costa Rica with a Pensionado Visa.
- Renewable after 2 years
- 0% tax
- Bring family
- Path to Permanent Residency
- Convenient travel and time zone for USA
- Remote work is permitted
The Pensionado Visa suits retirees and people of any age who have passive income. This visa allows you to work remotely, but you cannot be employed in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica attracts travelers with its two sunny coastlines, rugged mountains, and optimistic, laid-back “pura vida” (pure life) attitude. Its low cost of living, developed infrastructure, and strong health care system have long made it a retirement destination, and today digital nomads are also seeing the advantages to living in this welcoming country.
Fixed broadband: 47.93 Mbps download/12.23 Mbps upload Mobile: 31.42 Mbps download/9.73 Mbps upload. Costa Rica speedtest
COST OF LIVING
No. 59 globally
$1,000 per month of passive income
Application fees start at $52, with several nominal fees. You will also need to pay $200 to change your visa type from within Costa Rica.
Apply in person and with all of your documents at an office for the Direccion General de Migracion y Extranjeria in Costa Rica.
In principle, this visa should process within 90 days, but it often takes much longer.
Many of these documents should be apostilled, notarized, or formalized, and gathering them can take several months. They may need to be translated into Spanish.
Documents required can include:
- Valid passport and copies of all pages
- 2 passport photos
- Filled out and signed application form
- Proof of passive monthly income
- Clear criminal records check
- Proof of travel and medical insurance
- Fingerprints for all applicants over 12 years old
- Proof of consular registration
- Authenticated birth certificate
- Proof of payment for visa fee
- Supporting documents for all dependents (such as passports, birth certificates, and marriage certificates, legalized or apostilled)
Other documents may be required.