Croatia Digital Nomad Visa

The Digital Nomad Residence Permit allows remote workers, self-employed people, and freelancers to spend one year in Croatia.


  • Low required income
  • 0% income tax
  • Bring family
  • Beautiful beaches
  • Delicious wine
  • EU member


Remote workers love Croatia for its beautiful Adriatic coast, rich history, mountainous national parks, historic cities, and artisan foods like truffles and wine. Croatia is also conveniently located for travel and business throughout the EU.


Fixed broadband: 57.30 Mbps download/26.70 Mbps upload Mobile: 75.36 Mbps download/17.30 Mbps upload Croatia Speedtest


No. 42 globally


$2,579 per month in income (plus $110 per month per family member)

You may be required to deposit these funds in Croatia upon application.


Application and administrative fees vary, for a total of about $190


You can apply for a Digital Nomad Residence Permit online here or at your local Croatian embassy or consulate. You can also apply from within Croatia with the local police (Ministarstvo unutarnjih poslova aka “MUP”).

This residence permit processes in about 1 month, but it can take longer. If you are in Croatia, you must remain in Croatia during this time.

You will enter Croatia with a tourist visa or using visa-free entry-depending on your nationality, you may need to apply for a tourist visa separately. The Digital Nomad Residence Permit gives you permission to reside and work remotely in Croatia after you arrive.

After you arrive in Croatia, register your address at the local police station within 3 days. You will also give your biometrics and apply for your residence card in person.


  • Completed application ( PDF or Online )
  • Passport, valid at least 3 months past visa expiry
  • Proof of funds or income
  • Accommodation details and rental contract
  • Health insurance
  • Proof of remote employment and income, such as employment contract, statement from employer that you can work remotely, proof of your own business, freelance contracts, pay stubs, client invoices and payments, or other documents
  • Criminal records check from your home country
  • Proof of relationship to dependents (such as marriage certificate, proof of common-law relationship, or birth certificates for children)
  • Passport photos

Documents may need to be apostilled, notarized, or otherwise certified. They should be in English or Croatian. Some of these documents (such as a police check) are much easier to gather in your home country than from within Croatia.

Other documents may be required.