Estonian Entrepreneur Visa
Business owners (including sole proprietors) who have a substantial investment in their business can move to Estonia for 5 years with a Residence Permit for Business.
- Bring family
- Valid for 5 years
- Path to Permanent Residence
- E.U. member
Business owners and self-employed people may qualify to move to Estonia for 5 years. A Residence Permit for Business offers a path to permanent residence and citizenship.
Explore Estonia’s unique Baltic culture, gourmet food scene, and expansive forests untouched by mass tourism, as well as Tallinn’s well-preserved medi architecture.
Estonia is sometimes called the most online society due to its broad acceptance of digital technology in day-to-day life, such as its burgeoning tech scene, widespread Wi-Fi, extensive online portals for business and government services, and eResidency for digital identities and business.
Fixed broadband: 78.58 Mbps download/59.60 Mbps upload Mobile: 57.82 Mbps download/13.79 Mbps upload Estonian Speedtest
COST OF LIVING
No. 41 globally
- For sole proprietors: Invest $19,300+ (assets and capital) in your business
- For businesses with 2+ employees: Invest $78,433 (assets and capital). An investment in an existing Estonian company may qualify.
- $3,810 income per year, per person required.
Application fee starts at $122.
Apply in person with all documentation at an Estonian embassy or consulate.
You can also apply within Estonia from the office of the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board. (You can make a reservation here.)
This application takes 2 months to process.
- Valid passport
- Completed and signed application form
- 40 x 50 mm passport photo
- Proof of travel and medical insurance
- Proof of payment for visa fee
- Documents proving family relationships (like marriage certificate or birth certificates)
- Proof of finances
A business plan is also required. This should include:
- Name and legal registry of the company
- Idea for the business and its activities
- List of potential clients and suppliers
- Accounting of fixed assets, capital, and human resources
- 2 years of financial forecasts, including projected income, balance sheet, and cash flow
- C.V. for any managers and supervisors
- Explanation of business case for location in Estonia
Other documents may be required. Documents may need to be apostilled and translated into Estonian, English, or Russian.