Estonian Startup Visa
Tech startup founders can move to Estonia with an Estonian Startup Visa. Startups can also get visas to hire international employees.
- Renewable after 18 months
- Bring family
- Supportive startup scene
- 20% flat tax
- Extensive digital infrastructure
- Part of E.U.
During your year in Estonia, you can explore its unique Baltic culture, gourmet food scene, and expansive forests untouched by mass tourism, as well as Tallinn’s well-preserved medi architecture.
Estonia is sometimes called the most online society due to its broad acceptance of digital technology in day-to-day life, such as its burgeoning tech scene, widespread Wi-Fi, extensive online portals for business and government services, and eResidency for digital identities and business.
This tech-savvy society and supportive startup ecosystem makes Estonia an ideal place to start a business. If your startup is approved, you may also be able to get visas to hire international staff. Estonian startups can also do business across the E.U.
Fixed broadband: 78.58 Mbps download/59.60 Mbps upload Mobile: 57.82 Mbps download/13.79 Mbps upload Estonian Speedtest
COST OF LIVING
No. 41 globally
- Innovative tech business with the potential to scale globally
- $2,039 per year for expenses
- Approval from the Startup Committee
$98 for long-term visa, plus $195-$220 for the residence permit.
Apply online and pitch your idea to the Startup Committee. Wait 10 days to find out if you have been approved.
After you are approved, use your application code to apply in person at an Estonian embassy or consulate abroad. You can also enter Estonia and then apply at the office of the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board.
- Passport that will be valid for at least 3 months after the visa would expire
- Completed and signed application form
- 35 x 45 mm passport photo
- Proof of travel and medical insurance (at least $37,000 coverage)
- Startup presentation, pitch deck, or other evidence for the Startup Committee to consider
- After approval, you need to include the Confirmation letter from the Startup Committee in your visa application
- Proof of finances ($2,039 per year)
- Information about your planned accommodation
- Return flight tickets or other evidence that you plan to leave the Schengen Zone after your visa expires
Other documents may be required.