French Tech Employee Visa (French Tech Visa for Employees)

Tech workers with a job offer from an innovative company in France can move to France with a French Tech Visa. French Tech Visas are also available for startup founders and investors in tech startups.


  • Renewable after 4 years
  • Includes family
  • No diploma/degree required
  • Includes right to work
  • Access to EU
  • Path to Permanent Residence


France’s tech community is growing, with support from the government and from driven, creative founders and dedicated investors. This makes France an ideal place to take a tech job.


Fixed broadband: 192.25 Mbps download/137.82 Mbps upload Mobile: 70.24 Mbps download/11.33 Mbps upload France Speedtest


No. 15 globally


Job offer (for at least 3 months) from an approved company

Annual salary of $44,451+


The visa application fee is $118+.

The residence permit costs $270+.


Get your official work offer/contract signed and stamped by your future employer. They should also give you a letter certifying that they are permitted to recruit through the French Tech Visa.

Take these papers and all other documentation to the French embassy or consulate in the country where you live and apply for a long-stay visa. (Find the closest one here ). Apply 3 months before you plan to go to France, but no earlier.

This website has more information about applying for a long-stay visa.

Use the long-stay visa to enter France. Then take your documents to the préfecture (government administration office) local to where you live. (Find the closest one here.) They will issue you a 4-year residence permit.

If you already live in France, you can apply for the residence permit directly at your local prefecture.


  • Passport, valid at least 3 months after your visa would expire
  • Official job offer and contract, signed and stamped by your company
  • Letter proving that your company is permitted to recruit via the French Tech Visa
  • Completed and signed application form
  • 3 35mm x 40mm passport photos (guidelines here )

You may also need:

  • Proof of income or bank balance
  • Documents proving family relationships to all dependents (such as marriage license and birth certificate)
  • Police clearance from your home country and your country of residence
  • Proof of current residence

Other documents may be required.