Malta Permanent Residence by Investment

Malta’s Permanent Residence Program is one of the few available for property renters as well as real estate investors, with a path to citizenship.


  • Bring family
  • Includes parents and grandparents
  • Renters are eligible
  • Permanent Residence – Valid Indefinitely
  • E.U. member
  • Beautiful Mediterranean beaches


Property investors and renters can get permanent residency in Malta, with an eventual path to E.U. citizenship. They can also bring up to four generations of their family.

Malta’s capital, Valletta, is among the sunniest cities in Europe, with close to 3,000 hours of sunshine per year. But Malta is more than just sunshine and beaches, as it is home to some of Europe’s oldest and most fascinating history.

The walled city of Mdina, Malta’s former capital, has been inhabited for 4,000 years. Called the “Silent City” because it is closed to cars, Mdina charms visitors with unique shops and unassuming cafes tucked into its mazelike sandstone alleys.


Fixed broadband: 140.01 Mbps download/20.28 Mbps upload Mobile: 52.78 Mbps download/13.91 Mbps upload Malta Speedtest


No. 25 globally


$595,000+ net worth ($179,000 of which must be in financial assets)

For property purchase: $369,000 in real estate in South of Malta or Gozo, $417,000 in the rest of Malta

For property rental: $12,000 annual rent in South of Malta or Gozo, $14,300 in the rest of Malta

Property must be held for 5 years.


$47,500 administrative fee

$2,400 charitable donation

Government contributions vary according to investment path:

  • For property purchase: $33,000 in government contributions
  • For property rental: $69,000 in government contributions

$8,900 required for each adult dependent (excluding spouse)

Applications must be made through an agency, and agent fees vary.


Apply through a registered agency – a list is here.


  • Completed forms (available here. )
  • Passport
  • Proof of travel and health insurance
  • Proof of financial means
  • Proof of property purchase or rental
  • Proof of relationship to dependents, such as marriage or birth certificates

Other documents may be requested.