Mauritius Startup Visa
An Occupation Permit allows startup founders and investors in an innovative startup to move to Mauritius. No minimum investment is specified, but business plan must be approved.
- Bring family
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Valid up to 10 years
- No minimum investment specified
- Online application
- Tropical beaches
The tropical island nation of Mauritius is well-known for its striking multicolored sand dunes, beautiful nature, and outdoor activities like scuba and golf. Located off the coast of Africa and Madagascar, Mauritius has a diverse and welcoming culture combining African, Asian, Indian, and French elements.
Fixed broadband: 20.32 Mbps download/10.89 Mbps upload Mobile: 25.14 Mbps download/11.09 Mbps upload Mauritius Speedtest
COST OF LIVING
- An innovative startup business plan approved by the Economic Development Board or registered with an approved incubator or accelerator
- Business should be in qualified sectors “including but not limited to life and health sciences, technology, ICT, fintech, biotechnology, nano technology, light manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and design.”
- R&D must be at least 20% of the operational costs during the research phase.
- Specific guidelines for the business plan are here.
$505 for application fee (plus $126 per dependent)
Apply online here.
You can also enter Mauritius visa free or on a tourist visa and apply for an Occupation Permit from within the country.
Check if your country has visa-free entry to Mauritius here.
All documents must be submitted in hard copy, on paper:
- Visa and entry pages to Mauritius (if applying from within Mauritius)
- Birth certificate
- Business plan
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical certificate (less than six months old)
- 1 passport photo 35 mm x 45 mm
- Academic and professional qualifications (original or certified copies)
- 2+ contracts and letters of intent from potential clients
- Business registration card (if required)
- Cancellation and no objection letter (if required)
- Record of investment (transfer of funds from abroad) (if required)
- Marriage certificate and/or divorce certificate (if required)
- Copy of current occupation permit, work, or residence permit (if required)
- Professional license (if required)
Documents must be in English or French. If they are in another language, they should be submitted with a certified translation. Other documents may be required.