Mexico Remote Work Visa
A Temporary Residence Visa allows freelancers, remote workers, self-employed people, and retirees to move to Mexico for up to 4 years.
- Stay for up to 4 years
- Unlimited entry and exit
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Low cost of living
- Good quality of life
- Sunny weather
Remote workers choose Mexico for its welcoming culture, amazing music, delicious regional food, and sunny weather. Mexico’s low cost of living also makes it a great space to start a side hustle or bootstrap a new business. With easy access to the USA, South America, and Europe, cities like Tulum and Mexico City are digital nomad hotspots.
Fixed broadband: 48.35 Mbps download/19.52 Mbps upload Mobile: 35.44 Mbps download/13.89 Mbps upload Mexico Speedtest
COST OF LIVING
No. 104 globally
$1,625 per month in remote income or a bank balance of $27,000
$44+ for visa fee and $218 for Temporary Residence Card.
Apply with your documents at a Mexican embassy or consulate abroad. You can schedule an appointment here. You may be asked to complete an interview in English or Spanish and you will pay $40 for the visa.
Your visa should be processed within a few days.
When you enter Mexico, you have 30 days to process a Temporary Residence Card. First, fill out the request form here.
Complete the Formato Basico and the FMM form you received upon entry to Mexico.
Bring your documents, a letter of request, your passport, and the $218 fee with you to your appointment. Your first residence card will be issued for 1 year, but it can be extended up to 4 years.
- Passport valid at least 6 months, with copies of the information page and any previous visa to Mexico
- Completed and signed application form
- 45 x 35 mm passport photo
- Proof of your residence/address
- Proof of finances: bank balance of $27,000 or monthly income of $1,625, demonstrated over at least 3 months
- Your remote work employment contract or contracts with clients (freelancers who earn $1,625 monthly from a single client are more likely to be approved)
Other documents may be required.
- Schedule consular appointments here.