New Zealand Investor Visa
Major investors in New Zealand can move there permanently with their family with an Investor Residence Visa.
- Bring family
- Path to Permanent Residence
- Renewable after 3 years
- Can live, work, and study
- Two investment tiers
- Beautiful nature
Investors who make a major contribution to New Zealand’s economy can move there permanently. The two visa options (Investor 1 and Investor 2) have very different requirements and timelines, but both are paths to Permanent Residency.
One of the world’s most remote nations, New Zealand constantly appears on lists of the happiest places on earth. Move to New Zealand to explore its dramatic natural beauty (showcased in The Lord of the Rings films), appreciate its unique multicultural character, and raise your family in its progressive, egalitarian society.
Fixed broadband: 166.95 Mbps download/103.43 Mbps upload Mobile: 83.47 Mbps download/16.52 Mbps upload New Zealand Speedtest
COST OF LIVING
No. 20 globally
Two investment visas (Investor 1 and Investor 2) have different requirements and timelines.
Investor 1 Residence Visa:
- $7.14 million invested and held 3+ years
- 44 days of residency required per year, with some exceptions
Investor 2 Residence Visa:
- $2.15+ million invested and held 4+ years
- Applicant must have 3+ years business experience
- Must be proficient in English
- Must be under age 65
- 146 days of residency required per year, with some exceptions
- Must pass points system (calculator is here. )
Application fees for this visa are generally around $2,875, but they vary greatly by nationality. Check the official site to get specific information on your situation.
The process varies for Investor 1 and Investor 2, but in general:
Start the process by sending an Expression of Interest or an application form, the application fee, and other necessary documents. Approval can take several months.
If you are approved, you will be invited to apply for a residence.
After your residence is approved, you have 12 months to transfer funds to New Zealand and make your investment.
Your Residence Permit should be granted after you make your investment.
At the end of your waiting period (3 years for Investor 1, 4 years for Investor 2), if the investment is still held and you meet all requirements, you may qualify to apply for Permanent Residence.
For Investor 1 and Investor 2:
- Two photos (if applying online, must be JPEG files between 500 KB – 3 MB and sized between 900 x 1200 pixels and 2250 x 3000 pixels, preferably taken by a professional photographer)
- Evidence of good health (chest x-ray and medical exam)
- Police clearance from your home country and any country where you have lived for 5 years, since you were 17 years old (completed in last 6 months)
- Proof of family relationships, such as marriage or birth certificates
- Proof that family members included in application meet health, character, and identity requirements
- Proof of funds for investment in business and their legal origin
- Proof funds have been transferred to New Zealand and invested in approved investment vehicle
Only for Investor 2:
- Evidence of English fluency, including your background, test results, or other proof
- Proof that family members over 16 speak English fluently or that family members under 16 have paid for English lessons
- Detailed record of professional business experience, including documents of business incorporation, financial accounts, personal and/or business tax returns, job description, performance reviews, employer references, and other documents
Other documents may be requested. Some documents may need to be legalized or certified.