Spain Entrepreneur Visa (REM)
Spain’s Residence Visa for Entrepreneurial Activity (REM) allows entrepreneurs to live and work in Spain when their business is innovative, technological, and benefits the Spanish economy.
- Easily bring family (parents, spouse, children)
- Two-year renewals
- Can apply from inside of Spain
- EU member
- Low cost of living
- Great quality of life
The Residence Visa for Entrepreneurial Activity (REM) visa allows entrepreneurs to start a new business in this creative country, with good infrastructure and access to the EU market. Residents of Spain appreciate the friendly culture, low cost of living, reliable internet, and dynamic atmosphere of cultural centers like Barcelona and Madrid.
You are more likely to be approved for this visa if your business creates jobs in Spain, but this is not required.
Fixed broadband: 186.40 Mbps download/156.58Mbps upload Mobile: 54.50 Mbps download/13.63 Mbps upload Spain Speedtest
COST OF LIVING
No. 39 globally
$26,150 per year. Depending on the rules of the embassy or consulate where you apply, this full amount may need to be deposited upon application.
Application fees vary based on citizenship, and generally range from $73 to $839.
Apply in person with your documents at the Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country. You may be asked to interview.
You should have a response within 1 month.
You can also apply from within Spain, with a different process.
Documents may need to be apostilled or translated into Spanish, and usually include:
- Completed application forms and proof of payment
- Passport (valid 15+ months)
- Clear criminal records check
- Medical certificate (less than three months old)
- Proof of qualifications
- Business and financial plan
- Favorable report from the Commercial Office affirming your business’s economic value
- Passport photo
- Proof of income or funds: $26,150 per year
- Health insurance
- Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate (if required)
Other documents may be required.