Spain Self-Employed Visa
Spain’s Self-Employed Work Visa allows non-EU residents to live in Spain and the Canary Islands. Entrepreneurs can start a new business and freelancers and self-employed people can work remotely for clients anywhere.
- Path to Permanent Residence and citizenship
- Low required income
- Nomad hub
- Moderate cost of living
- EU member
- Great quality of life
Spain and the Canary Islands are growing in popularity for digital nomads. Remote workers especially appreciate the quality of life, ease of networking through co-working spaces and events, and reliable internet.
Fixed broadband: 186.40 Mbps download/156.58Mbps upload Mobile: 54.50 Mbps download/13.63 Mbps upload Spain Speedtest
COST OF LIVING
No. 39 globally
$15,800 per year in income. Depending on the rules of the embassy or consulate where you apply, this full amount may need to be deposited upon application.
Application fees vary based on citizenship, and generally range from $73 to $839.
Apply in person with your documents at the Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country (list available here.)
It usually processes within 6 months.
Documents may need to be apostilled or translated into Spanish, and usually include:
- Completed application forms and proof of payment (from consulate)
- Valid passport
- Clear criminal records check
- Medical certificate (less than three months old)
- Proof of qualifications
- Business and financial plan
- Passport photo
- Proof of $15,800 income or funds
- Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate for family members (if required)
- Business licenses and authorizations (if required)
Other documents may be required.