Singapore: EntrePass (Startup Visa)
Startup entrepreneurs, innovators, and investors can move to Singapore with an EntrePass.
- Renewable after 1 year
- Bring family in 2nd year
- Dynamic business environment
- Green city
- Sunny weather
- High standard of living
An EntrePass helps startup founders, creators of innovative technology, and major investors move to Singapore.
Singapore is one of Asia’s top business hubs and may offer the region’s best standard of living, thanks to its stable, multicultural society, well-developed infrastructure, innovative development, commitment to environmental protection, and year-round sunshine. Singapore is also home to one of the world’s best street food scenes and 40+ Michelin-starred restaurants.
Fixed broadband: 252.68 Mbps download/230.06 Mbps upload
Mobile: 86.96 Mbps download/19.96 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 11 globally
Qualifying business or business plan, meeting quotas for investment, funding, income, and job creation.
If business has been started, it should be less than 6 months old and registered with Singapore’s Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (or you should plan to register it after you receive your EntrePass).
Business must be venture-backed or have innovative technologies.
Applicant must hold at least 30% of company shares and meet qualifications for Entrepreneur, Innovator, or Investor track.
Entrepreneurs must meet at least 1 of the following requirements:
- Funded by an approved business angel or VC
- Participant in an approved incubator or accelerator
- Have a strong personal track record of business involvement and network, such as having founded and sold a tech company, history of raising significant amounts of venture funding, or 8 years of senior corporate experience
Innovators must meet at least 1 of the following requirements:
- Hold intellectual property that is part of the business’s competitive advantage and be a shareholder in the business
- Have a research collaboration with an institution in Singapore
- Have major achievements in your field of expertise, related to your business
- Have a strong investment track record, such as a history of investing in startups, plans to invest in Singapore, or 8 years of relevant senior corporate experience
Certain types of business are not eligible, including food service, night life, massage parlors, traditional Chinese medicine, employment agencies, and geomancers.
To bring family
Business must meet requirements for business investment and local job creation
- Application fees: $78+
- $166 fee upon issuance
Apply online here.
Complete and sign the application form and submit your payment using PayNow or Telegraphic.
Submit your form online here if you have SingPass or here if you do not.
Your application should be processed in 8 weeks (check application status).
Upon approval, you will receive an in-principle approval (IPA) letter by email. You then have 6 months to enter Singapore.
When you have arrived in Singapore, you can request your EntrePass online or in person. You will receive a temporary notification letter valid for 1 month.
Submit your fingerprints, photo, and any additional documentation. Your EntrePass card will be mailed to you 4 working days after you submit your documentation.
All applicants require:
- Application form
- Resume or testimonials from past employers
- Company registration (if applicable)
- Business plan outlining product or service, market analysis, operations plan, management team profiles, and any supporting documents (10 pages maximum)
- Medical declaration form (not necessary for initial application)
- Accommodation details in Singapore (not necessary for initial application)
Entrepreneurs, Innovators, and Investors require additional documents, depending on their track. Full list is here.
Additional documents may be requested.