Thailand: Smart I (Investment) Visa
The Smart I Visa allows technology investors to move to Thailand, bring their family, and receive the right to work.
- Bring family
- Applicant and spouse receive right to work
- Valid for 4 years
- Low cost of living
- Sunny weather & beautiful beaches
- Unlimited entry and exit
Beautiful beaches, entrancing jungles, tropical weather, uniquely delicious food, and friendly people tempt many travelers to stay in Thailand permanently. Combine these benefits with a low cost of living, booming economy, and a central location in Southeast Asia, and it’s clear why Thailand is an ideal place to invest.
Long-term visas to Thailand are typically difficult to obtain, but the Smart Visa welcomes innovative investors. In particular, this program targets these industries: Next-Generation Automotive; Smart Electronics; Affluent, Medical, and Wellness Tourism; Agriculture and Biotechnology; Food for the Future; Automation and Robotics; Aviation and Logistics; Biofuels and Biochemicals; Digital; Medical Hub; Human Resource Development in Science and Technology; Environmental Management and Renewable Energy.
Fixed broadband: 214.28 Mbps download/166.46 Mbps upload
Mobile: 50.28 Mbps download/15.75 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 75 globally
$163,000 invested in a startup or accelerator or $651,000 invested in a VC fund or other approved tech investment.
- $310 per year of validity, with some additional fees
Apply online. Complete the application form and upload all documents in PDF.
You will get a response within 30 working days.
If you are approved, apply for the Smart Visa from your local Thai embassy or consulate. You can also apply within Thailand at these processing centers:
- The Immigration at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS), Chamchuri Square Building, Bangkok
- EEC Labour Administration Center, Chonburi
Read the instructions then print out and complete these forms and bring cash to pay visa fees.
After your appointment, you will receive your visa within 60 days.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport and all Thai visa stamps
- Shareholder list (no older than 3 months old)
- Company profile
- Company annual report and brochures or catalogues
Other documents could be requested, such as:
- Clean criminal records check from country of origin
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum of association in Thailand
Documents should be submitted in English or with a certified translation.