U.K.: Tier 1 Visa (Investment Visa)
Major investors can move to the U.K. with their family with a Tier 1 Visa.
If you are an experienced entrepreneur with capital to invest in a startup, you may be interested in an Innovator Visa.
- Bring family
- Path to settlement
- Renewable after 3 years
- Includes right to work
- Unlimited entry and exit
- Good quality of life
The home of Shakespeare, the Beatles, James Bond, Harry Potter, and innumerable other icons, the U.K. is one of Europe’s cultural centers. Its bustling cities are known for world-class museums, music, fashion, and dining, while picturesque villages offer a slow, bucolic lifestyle.
With a Tier 1 visa, investors contributing $2.8 million can apply to settle permanently in the U.K. after 5 years. If investing $6.9 million, investor can apply to settle after 3 years. If investing $13.9 million, investor can apply to settle after 2 years.
Fixed broadband: 92.63 Mbps download/26.55 Mbps upload
Mobile: 78.12 Mbps download/12.56 Mbps upload
Cost of living
No. 28 globally
- $2.8+ million to invest
- $2,254 per person.
- Health care surcharge of $867 per year per adult and $653 per year per child
- $695 fee for expedited service in 5 days (applicants within the U.K. only)
You will need to visit a visa application center in person to have fingerprints and a photograph taken.
The application should be processed in 3 weeks, or 5 working days with expedited service. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you plan to arrive in the U.K.
After approval, you will receive a biometrics residence card in 10 days.
- Passport or other document proving identity and nationality
- Bank statements showing a balance of $1,774 for the 28 days prior to your application
- Proof of English language fluency (not required for applicants from Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United States)
- Proof of investment funds for investment, held in U.K. or abroad (must be free to spend and held in regulated financial institutions)
- Proof of origin of funds for past 2 years
- Evidence of U.K. bank account
- Clear police check for every country in which you have spent 12 months in the past 10 years
- Tuberculosis test results (if required, depending on nationality)
Other documents may be required. Documents should be in English or Welsh, or submit them with a certified translation.